Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Midnight snack

plus broken microwave =



The add up was not so simple, though. Our microwave has been broken for over a week, and we're getting used to warm up our food on the stove, reheat pies on the oven, and I even did tests to see if it's better to warm up some rice with a bit of olive oil or some water (if you like mushy rice, use the water).

Today, it went like this:

- Hm, it's cold! I want some tea!
- I'm also hungry, maybe a tea with cookies?
*there's no cookies in the house*
- So maybe tea with a sandwich?
*the sandwiche will have cold cheese, which will take a while to grill... and let's be honest, you don't really want a sandwich*
- Ok... something like my breakfast, then, hot milk with granola and oats...
*I take the oats and recall that I used to love porridge when I was a kid... I wonder if there's the recipe on the oat box? yes! oats, milk and stove.*

Thus, the tea idea was abandoned, and I made myself some porridge! Warm and delicious. :)

Oat porridge:

What the recipe said: 3 spoons of oat flakes for each 250ml of milk. Cook until you like the texture. Eat.
What I did: 8 spoons of oat flakes for 2 glasses of milk. Cooked. Added 3 spoons of granola. Cooked. It started to boil (I though the milk was going to run, like milk does, so I stirred furiously and it didn't), I turned the stove off, tried it, added a spoon of sugar, served it, added cinnamon on top. Ta-da!

No comments: